Friday, October 24, 2008

pre-planning

I found out today that I will be traveling to Thailand and other locales in Southeast Asia next spring during my final semester as an undergrad.  How exciting!  And last minute.  When I told my voice teacher, her response was "You!  Something at the last minute - Never!" followed by her distinctive lilting laughter.  I wasn't sure how to take that response, other than deciding that it is good I'm graduating - people here know me too well. 

Also true to form, my first thought when realizing I needed to prepare for this adventure (other than needing to finish two projects so that I keep my grades high enough to go) was to wonder how all of us women-folk will deal with menses while in a developing country.  While I thought it was a fair question, one of my travel buddies looked at me like I had grown an arm out of my head when I asked her about it. Then she told me menstrual blood is toxic.  I don't know, but that seems faulty to me. 

In the coming weeks until January, I need to apply for TFA, finish my Political Science major, register for my last gen ed requirement that I need to graduate (which I'll take in May), finish a handful of incompletes acquired during my last six semesters, pack (to move out of college), figure out where to buy summer clothes in the middle of winter, and pick a topic for an independent study.  Whoa.  I'll keep you posted...

No comments: