Thursday, April 23, 2009

"I AM your father!"

 - Darth Vader, to Luke.

Random? Not at all!  

Tonight Jena and I decided that the Bangkok airport looks oddly reminiscent of Star Wars.  Particularly the walkway between plane and gate.  That looks EXACTLY like the walkway where Luke meets Vader after leaving the Ewok village. 

Yeah. Weird.

And... The entry way (exit way?) of the airport looks like the medical ship where Luke gets his metal hand. It was trippy. 

Here in BKK we're staying at the Christian Guesthouse. I am surrounded by so much Jesus right now.  More than any other time this semester.  It's also a little weird.  Where did Buddha go? 

The most ironic thing about the guesthouse is it's location - right next to one of the largest red-light districts in Bangkok.  Prime real estate here. If everyone were not leaving for the beach at 8:30 tomorrow morning I'm fairly certain we would be out exploring.  

Countdowns:
1 day til I take the Praxis
2 days til Bob and I go to Ayuthaya
4 days til the longest day ever (aka we fly home)
16 days til graduation

2 comments:

Catfish2828 said...

Sounds like you are in for some busy busy last few days abroad. Enjoy them! Can't wait to sit down with you and go through all our photos when we are both back. You'll have to look at my blog...you will never believe what I saw yesterday at school...hehe.
Love ya!
Steele

Tony Yarusso said...

You realize that you just said you wish you had time to go explore the red light district, right? Probably should have included clarification on that one... :P